CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
UPDATED 8 FEBRUARY 2023
NETBALL SA STADIUM
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all Event participants, patrons and staff, the following conditions of entry (Conditions of Entry) apply to all Netball SA Stadium attendees. In these Conditions, ‘Netball SA Stadium’ means the facility at 155 Railway Terrace, Mile End South SA 5031, including the Courts inside and the courts immediately surrounding the stadium.
These Conditions of Entry are to be read in conjunction with the conditions that apply to all specific events. Please refer to the relevant ticket information and specific event information for further information.
Patrons who do not comply with the Conditions of Entry will not be permitted entry. Patrons who have been admitted but subsequently fail to comply with the Conditions of Entry may be removed from Netball SA Stadium without refund of any entry fee(s) and may be subject to a ban on entering Netball SA Stadium.
By purchasing, holding, using or accepting tickets to a Netball SA Stadium event, Patrons accept these Conditions of Entry. Patrons are admitted into Netball SA Stadium at their own risk and choose to do so under these Conditions of Entry. To the extent permitted by law, no liability for loss, injury or damage will be accepted by Netball SA.
HEALTH & WELL-BEING
Netball SA, working in consultation with relevant authorities prioritises the health and safety of attendees and staff above all else. Patrons acknowledge that, even with control measures in place at Netball SA Stadium, there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness, including COVID-19, at any event from any source. By attending Netball SA Stadium patrons acknowledge that they have considered those risks and their own personal circumstances, including any health condition or vulnerability that Patrons may have, and the circumstances of persons with whom Patrons will be in close contact following attendance at Netball SA Stadium.
- Netball SA Stadium is a place of mass gathering whereby there is an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illnesses and other diseases that may have serious impacts on personal health, including death. Any person attending Netball SA stadium accepts this unquantifiable risk and releases Netball SA from any liability whatsoever arising out of, relating to or in connection with any transmission or contraction of COVID-19 at Netball SA Stadium.
- Patrons acknowledge that they are not permitted to attend Netball SA stadium if they have been directed to self-isolate or quarantine by SA Health pursuant to any lawful direction.
- All patrons of Netball SA Stadium must:
- Abide by any lawful directions issued pursuant to the Emergency Management Act 2004 (SA) or otherwise.
- Practice physical distancing wherever possible;
- Follow directions of Netball SA staff (including authorised contractors);
- Abide by any seating arrangement implemented; and
- where directed to do so, scan out when leaving the venue if that patron intends to return.
Netball SA may deny entry or remove any persons, who possess any of the following prohibited items (Prohibited Items), from Netball SA Stadium without refund of any entry fee(s) and may be subject to a ban on entering the Netball SA Stadium.
A person may be prohibited from bringing the following items into Netball SA Stadium unless a current and lawful exemption has been provided by Netball SA:
- Any item, the improper use of which, is reasonably considered by Netball SA as being able to cause injury, nuisance or offence to any other person attending Netball SA Stadium.
- Alcoholic drinks;
- Animals (except guide dogs and other bona fide assistance animals);
- Bicycles, scooters, rollerblades, skates, skateboards and the like and automated vehicles such as segways, hover boards or battery powered transportation devices other than electric wheelchairs;
- Balls, including but not limited to cricket balls and footballs ;
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers;
- Confetti or shredded paper;
- Illicit drugs;
- Weapons, firearms & knives (or any other object that could be used as a weapon) including toy or imitation weapons;
- Oversized signs, banners or flags that are considered by Netball SA as capable of causing a nuisance; and
- Loud hailers, megaphones, and musical instruments of any nature (including vuvuzelas, horns, whistles and drums).
The use of photographic, video or audio equipment for commercial purposes is not permitted within Netball SA Stadium, without express consent by Netball SA.
Any Prohibited Items may be confiscated by Netball SA if subsequently found on a person, upon or following entry into Netball Stadium SA.
Netball SA is not responsible for, and will not be held liable by any person, for loss, theft or damage to any such Prohibited Items left by any persons in or around Netball SA Stadium.
Specific conditions may apply for some events regarding the entry of musical instruments.
Patrons are requested to, at minimum, be appropriately clothed for a public venue and
footwear must be worn at all times:
- Patrons must not wear or display items which bear offensive, racist, radical, fanatical, inflammatory, obscene, derogatory or provocative slogans, signage or logos;
- Patrons must not wear or display any item for the sole or dominant purpose of ambush marketing; and
- Patrons must not wear, display or possess items which bear street gang or motor cycle gang colours, including and not limited to patches, jackets, T-shirts, badges, other clothing or paraphernalia or items bearing a motor cycles gang’s insignia.
Netball SA reserves the right to refuse admission to any person, who in the opinion of Netball SA personnel (including employees and authorised contractors), is deemed to be inappropriately attired.
Netball SA Stadium is a smoke free venue (both inside and on the surrounding outside courts). This includes the use of e-cigarettes.
Netball SA Stadium is a licensed premise and operates under a On Premises License under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997 (SA).
Patrons are prohibited from bringing liquor into or out of Netball SA Stadium's licensed area.
Patrons are reminded when entering Netball SA Stadium that:
- it is an offence for a minor to purchase and/or consume liquor;
- it is an offence to purchase liquor for, or supply liquor to, a minor; and
- a person supplying liquor to a minor will be reported to police and penalties apply under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997 (SA).
CCTV IN OPERATION
Please note 24-hour closed circuit television surveillance operates throughout Netball SA Stadium.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Netball SA is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for patrons, staff, athletes and performers. All Patrons must adhere to the following Code of Conduct, whilst attending Netball SA Stadium:
- Support your team in a loud, passionate and enthusiastic manner, where appropriate.
- Spectators, including players and officials (not in play) must not enter restricted areas or attempt to enter the court of play without expressed permission.
- Respect patrons and officials of all ages, regardless of team affiliation.
- Actively foster a family friendly environment.
- Engage in the responsible consumption of alcohol.
- Use appropriate language, without threatening, foul or abusive content based on race, religion, sexuality or gender.
- Refrain from using offensive or obscene gestures.
- Only access areas as per ticketing entitlements.
- Comply with requests from Netball SA event staff, SA Police and other security personnel regarding venue operations and emergency response procedures.
- Netball SA encourages the safe, sensible and responsible consumption of alcohol by Patrons. Patrons who are impaired or unruly due to intoxication irrevocably consent to being treated by Netball SA in a manner appropriate to their degree of impairment or intoxication and must, to the extent permitted by law, indemnify Netball SA from any losses, claims or proceedings suffered by Netball SA as a result of such impairment or intoxication.
- Patrons irrevocably consent to Netball SA, at any time, inspecting and searching (or either) their person, bags, clothes or possessions regardless of size, including by means of handheld or fixed wands, scanners or detectors or pat-down. Patrons declining such search will be refused entry to the Venue.
- Netball SA may not be held responsible for confiscated items (including alcohol).
- Persons found with a lost, stolen, counterfeit, damaged or unreadable ticket will be refused entry or evicted (as the case may be) from Netball SA Stadium.
- Patrons who cause a disturbance, are offensive, discriminatory, display anti-social behaviour, use foul or abusive language, make racial or threatening remarks or gestures, commit indecent exposure or refuse to comply with reasonable requests made by Netball SA may be evicted.
- Cameras including mobile telephones with camera interfacing, must not be used in areas such as change rooms, parenting rooms and toilets.
- Security cameras operate around and within Netball SA Stadium and patrons may be filmed, photographed, or otherwise recorded.
- Patrons may be filmed, recorded or photographed by official broadcasters or photographers and these images or recordings may be used without the consent of, or payment or provision of other compensation to, patrons for all manner of official broadcast or promotional purposes.
- Patrons bringing personal items into Netball SA do so at their own risk.
- Netball SA may not be held responsible for any damage, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
- Patrons are required to take appropriate self-care for their sun protection and hydration.
- Seats retract automatically, so to avoid potential damage or injury, patrons must check that their seat is properly and safely positioned before sitting down.
- Patrons must not sell any goods or services or give away political, religious, advertising or promotional materials without the prior written consent of Netball SA.
- Patrons may not conduct public surveys or opinion polls or solicit money, donations or subscriptions from members of the public, without the prior written consent of Netball SA
- Any person found mistreating, tampering, defacing or damaging any part of Netball SA or the surrounds will be evicted from Netball SA Stadium and may face prosecution.
- Netball SA reserves the right to close Netball SA Stadium doors regardless of whether or not all ticket holders entitled to admission have gained admission to Netball SA Stadium, if in the opinion of Netball SA, the admission of further persons to the venue would or might endanger the safety of those persons who seek admission or have already been admitted.
- Concession patrons are required to produce their concession card to gain entry to Netball SA Stadium.
- Some sporting and other activities are dangerous. Patrons viewing such activities do so at their own risk.
- To the extent permitted by law, by entering Netball SA Stadium, Netball SA and their representatives, servants and agents, shall not be liable to that patron for any loss or damage, (including without limitation, loss or damage caused by the negligence of Netball SA or its servants and agents and incidental and consequential loss or damage), arising in any manner wholly or partly from or in connection with his or her use of Netball SA Stadium.
Netball SA may replace or vary these Conditions of Entry at any time and without notice.