This website is not compatible with Internet Explorer. Some features might not work correctly in this browser.
We recommend that you use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari for the best browser experience.
Coloured Shirt Program
Developing up and coming umpiring talent
The Coloured Shirt Program strives to support beginner umpires. The Coloured Shirt Program aims to increase retention, value, and appreciation of all officials by making beginner or inexperienced officials easily recognisable in green shirts and providing them the education and tools to succeed.
To register your association/club’s interest in being a Coloured Shirt Program Centre, please register below.
Please note this form is NOT for individual coloured shirt umpires but for clubs and associations wishing to become Coloured Shirt Program Centers.
The Coloured Shirt Program acts as start for your journey on the Netball SA Umpire Pathway. The program aims to teach new and beginner umpires through practical and theoretical sessions to develop their knowledge and skills in umpiring.
Benefits of the Program:
- Easily recognisable shirts for the Players, Coaches and Spectators to see
- New and beginner umpires receive support from a mentor at training and matches
- Additional training sessions for clubs to run with their participants
- Access to Netball SA resources
Resources your Association/Club will receive access to:
- A Coloured Shirt Program Manual
- Netball SA Coloured Shirts for registered participants to wear while officiating
- Promotional materials
The program is open to a wide range of participants, it is recommended that you:
- Have less than two years umpiring experience
- Be unbadged
- Be willing to complete the Rules of Netball Theory Exam (pass mark of 70% or more)
- Be willing to complete the Foundation Umpire Education Course
- Be a Registered Member of Netball SA
Individuals who are experienced umpires are able to mentor Coloured Shirt Umpires. This may mean they have umpired for several years or obtained a National C Badge or higher.
Coloured Shirt Mentors must maintain the following:
- A current WWCC
- Current Rules of Netball Theory Exam (pass mark of 70% or more)
- Current Foundation Umpire Education Course
- Current Member of Netball SA
The training sessions that have been added to the program act as an additional resource to help clubs and associations educate their umpires. It is encouraged that centers have the programs for their participants, but we understand tat not all clubs have the resources and as such they are not compulsory.
The training sessions aim to assist umpires with the education they need in their umpiring journey and for heading towards their National C Badge.
Netball SA acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Owners of the land, the Kaurna people, where Netball SA is based. We pay respect to their culture, history and Elders, past, present and future. Netball SA is committed to reconciliation, within the netball community and beyond, for all South Australians.