Netball SA prides itself on effectively and efficiently serving its members, however this cannot be facilitated without the contribution of employees, coaching staff and team officials.
When we have positions available, they will be advertised on this page.
Netball SA is now accepting applications for community coaches to join our team. Our community coaches provide quality introductory netball programs for junior players within South Australia which emphasise skill development and active participation in a safe and enjoyable environment. Primarily, the position will implement the Netball SA Sporting Schools program and provide opportunities for every young person to participate in and progress through the Netball Australia player pathway. The Community Netball Coach will be providing many children with their first experience of Netball.
For further information, please get in touch Netball SA Community and Member Services Manager, Megan Wooldridge, at Netball SA on (08) 8238 0513 or via [email protected]
About the role
This role reports to the Stadium Manager and is responsible for ensuring a safe, friendly and professional environment for people to play and watch Netball. The daily operational needs of the Stadium form the core duties of this role.
The Stadium Supervisor provides leadership and direction to the casual stadium operations team whose duties cover event setup & pack down, cleaning & maintenance of the facility, operation of canteen bar & espresso outlets and the ticket box function.
This role will support the Stadium Manager in the profitable running of all retail outlets and in the day-to-day maintenance requirements including contractor management.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the effective supervision of stadium court and function room bookings via the Event Pro system
- Direct and lead Stadium staff to ensure the facility is run in a professional, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ordering of stock and associated facility items in conjunction with the Stadium Manager
- Conduct monthly stock takes including reporting on GST free sales
- Assist the Stadium Manager in the preparation of staff rosters in line with Stadium budget, manage staffing needs in relation to recruitment, training and uniform requirements
- Manage functions and events for internal and external clients
- Operational management of Season passes and ticket box operation
- Manage Point of Sale system to ensure systems operates efficiently in peak times
- Assist Stadium Manager with the scheduling of First Aid, Cleaning and Security contractors as required for the Stadium
- Ensure all training records of all Stadium staff are updated
- Manage casual Stadium staff training for Food Safety and Responsible Service of Alcohol within the Stadium
- Capture sales data from retail areas, uses data to monitor stock and sales activity and to assist in planning for profitable operation
Qualifications and experience
- Operational experience in a large sporting or hospitality venue
- Customer service experience particularly in a high-volume facility
- Understanding of Work Health & Safety (WHS) systems
- Experience managing a medium sized team of casual staff members
- Exposure to H&L Point of Sales (including EFTPOS terminals) and EventPro (or similar event management booking software)
- Intermediate Word and Excel skills essential
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with a broad cross section of the community
- Ability to work autonomously and operate as part of the Stadium team
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player with the ability to work well under pressure and resolve conflict situations
- Ability to delegate tasks to achieve optimum levels of customer service and productivity, solution focused
- Ability to act with professionalism, honesty and integrity at all times
Hours of work
The position is Part-time (0.6 FTE hours) and the nature of the role will require out of hours and weekend work. However the FTE component of the role is flexible and is open for negotiation with the successful candidate.
For a copy of the position description, click here.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply directly through SEEK with:
- A one-page covering letter stating why you think you’re the best fit for the role.
- Your resume.
Applications not adhering to these requirements will not be considered.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday 19th January 2018. Enquiries can be directed to [email protected],
Netball SA is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies please.