Netball SA is currently seeking a suitable association venue to host our 2018 Netball SA Premier League Regional Exhibition Matches.
We ask that interested parties submit a tender for the event outlining the club’s ability to host the event. The tender document can be found here.
Please use the following requirements as a guide for submitting your tender, although your proposal should not be limited to these points. Any further information supporting your application would further enhance your chances of securing the event. Photographs of venue specifics are recommended where possible.
All tender documents and inquiries should be directed to the Competitions Coordinator ([email protected] or 8238 0500) and are required to be received by the close of business Monday 5 February 2018.
HOST CLUB RESPONSIBILITIES
The host club is required to:
- Ensure they have public liability coverage and are required to arrange to have Netball SA listed on their insurance policy.
- Provide a copy of the public liability insurance policy to Netball SA prior to the event.
- Provide two (2) indoor netball courts sprung wooden flooring, natural light timber preferred;
- Provide, on each court, two (2) sunken goal posts (sleeve groove flush with floor surface), 3.05m (10ft) high, with nets, tested and open. Goal post padding must also be provided;
- Provide two (2) team bench area’s as well as a score bench area for the main court;
- Provide seating capacity of 300 surrounding the main court area;
- Provide two (2) team change rooms (secure) for the participating teams to use pre and post match, minimum of 2 (two) showers and 2 (two) toilets per change room. Amenities ideally to be separate to public facilities;
- Provide appropriately trained and accredited First Aid personnel;
- Provide a first aid room, with wheelchair access and St Johns Ambulance or similar service available for general public, workforce, officials and players;
- Provide a PA facility with mixing station (i.e. CD or IPod etc.);
- Provide a microphone to be used with the PA system, and an MC for the event;
- Provide a score board on the main court (electronic is preferable) visible from all seating;
- Provide an area for Umpires and Bench Officials, including secure storage area for umpire equipment if applicable.
- Accommodate spectator cars, where possible.
- Provide dinner catering for athletes, coaches, bench officials and umpires on the night of competition.
Netball SA would welcome assistance with group catering for meals on the day of, and day following the match/es. Host clubs are encouraged to contact local accommodation providers to determine availability for your preferred dates, and potentially source discounted rates for the Premier League clubs, and Netball SA staff and officials. Please outline this contribution in the tender submission.
There may also be the opportunity for the successful host club to use the services of the Premier League clubs that will be participating in the match/es, whether this be in the way of coaching clinics, information sessions to the local community. Please outline your thoughts/ideas in this proposal.