Advanced Coaching Course – 3 days Face to Face
Input during Group Discussions
All participants are required to actively participate in workshop and discussion groups during the practical unit.
The Advanced Coach Accreditation requires participants to complete seven written assignments:
- The Game Analysis Coaching Assignment will assess the participant’ ability to analyse and plan to play an opposition team. This assignment should be completed during the session.
- The Cross-Sport Placement Assignment will assess the participant’s ability to analyse a coaching session from another sport.
- The Two Coaching Session Videos, one on attacking skills and one on defending skills, will assess the participant’s group management, teaching and communication skills (using Practical Assessment Form on page 7 and 8). These are assessed by the coach’s mentor.
- Coaching Practice Workbook will assess the participant’s inclusive coaching practices.
- Player Wellbeing Workbook will assess the participant’s understanding of athlete development and wellbeing as well as risk management considerations.
- Communication Skills Workbook – will assess the participant’s ability to utilise the most appropriate communication skills for the situation.
- Psychology Workbook – will assess the participant’s understanding of how psychological factors affect sport performance.
All assignments must be completed prior to the final practical assessment taking place. Participants have two years from the commencement of the Advanced Coach Accreditation to successfully complete all units. Extensions can be negotiated on an individual basis. The assignments are used as both a learning and assessment tool. As outlined in the Netball Australia Policy and Assessment guidelines participants may consult with others when completing the assignments. Participants may submit them as many times as necessary to meet the requirements of the task.
The Advanced Coach Accreditation requires participants to complete one online course (via Netball Australia My Learning portal:
Select for Success – This course will take you through the principles and practices of netball selection. Netball is a team game however the performance of individual athletes and the combination of athletes in playing positions is critical to the success of the team.
The Select for Success online course must be completed prior to the final practical assessment taking place. Participants have two years from the commencement of the Advanced Coach Accreditation to successfully complete all units.
Day 1 – Sunday 27 October 2019 – 8.45pm-5.00pm*
Day 2 – Saturday 2 November 2019 – 9.00am-4.00pm*
Day 3 – Sunday 3 November 2019 – 9.00am-4.00pm*
*Finishing times may alter.
Registrations close Monday 9am, 14 October 2019.
Refund of Fees Fees paid by participants may be refunded in the following circumstances and timeframes:
|Notification of withdrawal in writing up to 30 days prior to commencement of the course||Full refund|
|Notification of withdrawal in writing up to 14 days prior to commencement of the course||50% refund|
|Notification of withdrawal in writing less than 14 days prior to commencement of the course||No refund|
Netball SA reserve the right to cancel any course/workshop if:
- By the course/workshop closing date, less than the minimum required number of participants are registered in the scheduled course/workshop.
- For any reason a Coach Presenter cannot be sourced to deliver the Session, or the Coach Presenter is taken ill and no replacement can be sourced in the appropriate time.
- Inclement weather puts presenter, athletes and participants at risk.
- Appropriate number or level of athletes have not been arranged by Club/Association.
- Any other event which requires the course/workshop to be cancelled and is out of the control of Netball SA or the host Club/Association.
To locate the course required for Adelaide, go to MyNetball – Available courses – Advance Coach Accreditation LE
To register for this course access your MyNetball participant login and follow the links to select and enrol – CLICK HERE