Creating positive environments for inclusive participation is a whole-of-sport, strategic goal for netball in Australia.
Australia Post One Netball aims to address barriers to participation and provide equal access to all levels of the sport for people from CaLD backgrounds, people with a disability, Indigenous Australians and marginalised and disadvantaged people.
Partnered with Australia Post, One Netball is helping make netball more accessible to the diverse needs of the Australian population and ensure that everyone values their connection with netball.
The goals of the Australia Post One Netball Program are to:
- Build capacity within netball to extend the reach of netball into diverse communities
- Engage Australia’s netball community in a dialogue about creating more inclusive environments
- Invest in programs and activities that create connection within communities
Australia Post One Netball Program Initiatives
- A One Netball website, hosting an interactive program and resources that will enable clubs and associations to understand, develop and improve their inclusive practices and actions
- Connected Clubs and Communities Workshop, delivered nationally by trained presenters to a variety of netball audiences, addressing basic principles of creating inclusive environments and their application at all levels of netball
- Inspirational Australia Post One Netball Ambassadors
- One Netball Community Awards, celebrating individual and community efforts to engage and support diverse communities with netball
- Australia Post One Netball Round of the ANZ Championship
- ‘Come and Try’ Netball Clinics in each state and territory for communities new to netball
Join the One Netball Community at www.onenetball.org.au
Inclusion Online Course & Inclusion Action Survey
Netball SA encourages clubs and associations to reflect and consider the inclusive nature of your netball environment by completing the Inclusion Online Course. The course takes approximately 30 mins to complete and will help you to:
- Create a more inclusive and accessible netball environment that caters for the range of cultures, backgrounds, ages and abilities of people in your community; and
- Support your Club and Association to create a more welcoming, inclusive netball environment for your existing members, as well attracting those new to our game.
The online course is free and can be accessed here by selecting the ‘Inclusion Online Course’ tab. The course will be completed through Netball Australia’s e-learning centre, using your MyNetball ID.
Don’t know where to start on your Club or Association’s inclusion journey? Download the Inclusion Action Plan to get started!
Once you have completed the Inclusion Online Course and read the Inclusion Action Plan take the Inclusion Action Survey to track your progress to inclusion success.
Connected Clubs and Communities Workshop
CREATING MORE INCLUSIVE NETBALL COMMUNITIES
The choice is yours – complete your e-learning inclusion course online at home, or host your free 45 minute workshop in your clubhouse that brings your Club or Association committee together.
All Clubs and Associations who take part in a ‘Connected Clubs & Communities’ face-to-face workshop receive a $50 Australia Post Load&Go card, when two or more committee members attend.
Click here to register for a workshop.
Inclusion and Diversity Coordinator
P: 08 8238 0528